How can I enter my poster into the contest?
- To enter, download and complete the submission form.
- You must include in the entry form your complete and accurate information, including your postal address and your e-mail address.
- Please double check your email. It is the only way we can contact you.
- Upload your poster as a jpg file and your Submission Form as a pdf file.
Is there any registration fee?
- No. Posters submitted for the International Reggae Poster Contest are free to enter!
Can we enter as a group or design studio?
- Yes, everyone is welcomed to participate. If you enter as a group or design studio, please submit your poster as an individual. You will be able to add the names of the rest of the group or studio in the submission form.
What languages is the call for entries available in?
- The call for entries will be available in English.
What are the design requirements?
- Each entry must be an original unpublished work that you have created.
- Promotional posters made for reggae events or artists are not accepted.
- It must not include material in which a third party has intellectual property rights.
- The designs must be portrait (vertical) formatted posters.
Where can I download the Submission Form?
What are the file specifications for the posters?
- For upload purpose the file must be:
Size/Resolution: 700×980 pixels, 72dpi
Color Space: (RGB)
File type: JPEG or PNG
- The original artworks must be 50x70cm, 300dpi.
At the Rules and Regulations, you require the posters should be created in CMYK mode and 300dpi, but you also request that the file upload to the website should be in RGB and 72 dpi. Why?
- We want you to design the original artwork at a printable resolution but send us a smaller version for internet use.
How many posters can I enter in the contest?
- There is no limit as to how many submissions you can make. However, each design should be different.
- Please, do not submit the same design multiple times.
Can I submit designs that contain text in languages other than English?
- Yes. We encourage you to express you creative expression freely, including your native language. If possible please provide a translated text in the notes section in English when you design is uploaded.
Can I submit a non-digital format i.e. painting or illustration, etc?
- No, unfortunately we accept only digital files. Nevertheless, you can scan your painting, illustration, etc, as a high res (300dpi). The original painting should be at least 50x70cm.
Please find a professional shop to scan and capture the colors correct and at it’s actual size. Then please, follow the instructions as to how to submit the poster. Thank you!
Is there a copyright problem with featuring artists, or song lyrics of reggae musicians on the poster?
- There is no problem if you feature song lyrics. Then it would be good to feature also the singer,
- It is not allowed to use a photograph image of an artist, unless you have been granted the rights.
Does my poster have to use the brief or theme text as title or body copy?
- The brief and contest theme is there to inspire you. Please do not feel obliged to include them in your design.
Nevertheless, we would love to see you including the IRPC contest theme: Toward A Reggae Hall of Fame, Celebrating Great Jamaican Music.
Do I have to include the IRPC logo in my design?
- You do not have to. However, we provide a link to download a PDF file of the Reggae Hall of Fame Logo if you wish to use it.
When does the contest close?
- The closing time for submissions was on March 1, 2020 (12am EST time).
I want to know if my poster is submitted successfully. How can I confirm that?
- Please email us your full name, email used to submit the poster, the poster name and date of submission and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
How can I get involved and help the IRPC?
- Thank you. The IRPC would love your support! Please share the documents or any promotional material you find on our website with anyone else you think may be interested in the contest and our vision. Also share with friends the information we publish on our IRPC Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Please join us on those social networks. If you’d like to do more, by either becoming a member of our support team, or hosting an exhibition in your country, just drop us an email telling us how would you want to help. We’d love to hear from you.
- Artists/Designers will retain all rights to their original posters art. The International Reggae Poster Contest shall have an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use, copy, exhibit, publicly display and distribute their submitted entry for any activity, reproduce and distribute to third parties that are associated or sponsored activities. The International Reggae Poster Contest shall have the right to reproduce and distribute to third parties the International Reggae Poster Contest catalogue/book in unlimited quantities.
- The IRPC will notify specifically designers for other use where necessary and request a mutual agreement based on a written authorization. A fee or a royalty, as agreed with the designer or designers will be refund to the artwork owners. Designers are guaranteed the right to be credited every time their entry is used or published. The name and surname will be mentioned approximate to the used artwork.